Do you have a flair for merchandizing and a passion for making a difference? Our Novato Hodgepodge thrift and gift shop is seeking a full-time supervisor who will manage operations in Novato and also work in our San Rafael store one day a week. Thrifting is the hot new trend in home décor and fashion, and our Hodgepodge stores feature quality vintage items, clothing, fine jewelry, collectables, furniture, books and more. These items are donated by members of our community and their sale helps support our mission to bring compassionate home-based medical care to those who need it.
By the Bay Health set the standard for hospice in the U.S. by emphasizing the role of the patient in making important medical decisions. Our spectrum of home-based services now includes Skilled Home Health Care, Palliative Care, Adult Hospice Care and Pediatric Care. Our team approach strives to address practical, social, emotional and spiritual aspects of care, with the goal to maximize quality of life for our patients, caregivers and families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Implement and maintain Thrift Shop operational policies and procedures.
- Engage with customers and volunteers in a positive and professional manner.
- Ensure timely opening and closing of shop by directing staff or performing opening and closing procedures. Closing will include reading of register, making out of deposit slip, depositing money in bank and recording daily sales in shop notebook.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations including IRS requirements relating to contributions and with organization policies and procedures.
- Supervise the display of merchandise, pick-up of donations, housekeeping of shop, pricing and price adjustments of merchandise, purchase of supplies for shop, and arrangements for special sales including advertising, signs, etc.
- Resolve volunteer and customers issues arising at shop and promptly notify supervisor.
- Develop and implement staffing roster to incorporate volunteer and staff resources to ensure adequate coverage.
- Assure coverage of managerial duties during any absence.
- Direct the work of volunteer staff.
- Associates degree (A. A.) in Business or related field from two-year college; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years experience managing a retail operation, preferably for a non-profit organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current California Driver’s License and automobile insurance that meets State of California requirements, if driving a car.
|Job Category||Administrative Jobs|