You and do it all: We are currently seeking a Patient Care Support Services Assistant (PCSS) to join our team in Larkspur. The successful candidate must be reliable, well organized, a team player, able to maintain patient records, support clinical operations, and provide administrative support at our Marin location. This position requires strong phone, written, oral communications skills, an ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism, and general knowledge of medical terminology. This Patient Care Support Services Assistant will work every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
By the Bay Health set the standard for hospice in the U.S. by emphasizing the role of the patient in making important medical decisions. Our spectrum of home-based services now includes Skilled Home Health Care, Palliative Care, Adult Hospice Care and Pediatric Care. Our team approach strives to address practical, social, emotional and spiritual aspects of care, with the goal to maximize quality of life for our patients, caregivers and families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provides administrative support to clinical staff and/or Team Leaders and Clinical Managers.
- Triage incoming calls from prospective and current patients, caregiver, members of medical community, staff and general public, helping to identify the proper staff member to receive the call in a prompt and courteous manner
- Work with PCSS Manager on quality control for PCSS Audits
- Order and maintain the inventory of medical supplies, and office supplies
- Work with clinicians and outside vendors to coordinate the delivery and pick-up of durable medical equipment.
- Provide administrative support in weekly TDT (Transdisciplinary Team) meetings
- Maintain Patient electronic and hard copy charts up to date
- Conduct daily chart audits to assure CMS guidelines are followed and Medicare/Medical reimbursements are billable
- Provide coverage of other patient care support functions and as requested including but not limited to, admissions audits and faxing signed prescriptions daily
- Minimum of one to two-year experience performing clerical/administrative tasks, preferably in a health care setting.
- Intermediate computer skills
|Job Category||Administrative Jobs|