Skilled Home Health Care
To qualify for Skilled Home Health Care, a patient must meet these three criteria:
- Be homebound (that means they are unable to drive and leaving home requires assistance from others),
- Have a diagnosis and/or treatment plan that requires medically necessary skilled nursing or rehabilitation,
- Be under the care of a physician, within the first 90 days, who can order home health services.
REFERRAL & ADMISSION
To refer a patient, call Rosemary Fox, Director of Home Health Services:
- Skilled assessment and teaching
- Home IV therapy
- Medication management
- Enterostomal therapy
- Wound care
- Pain management
- Nutrition counseling
- Disease management
- Needs assessment
- Resources assistance
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Personal care assistance from home health aides
- Marin County
- San Francisco County
- San Mateo County
- Sonoma County.
PAYING FOR SERVICES
Once admitted, a patient’s Skilled Home Health Care may be covered by:
- Workers Compensation
- Veterans Administration
- Private Insurance
We can help you determine patient coverage. Once on service, we will bill the patient’s insurance source directly. They will receive a bill only when a portion is not paid by insurance (such as for deductibles and co-insurance). Home health care costs qualify as medical expenses and are tax-deductible, within certain limits, from federal income tax.
Call our Finance Department, (415) 927.2273, for direction and support for physician billing for By the Bay Health patients.