Skilled Home Health Care
Skilled Home Health Care is a great option for those recovering from surgery, or managing chronic conditions such as heart disease, COPD, diabetes, or arthritis. In many cases, the services you would receive while in a hospital or rehab center can be delivered at a lower cost and more conveniently in your own home.
Our care team will work with your primary physician to:
- Develop a plan of care
- Bring skilled specialists directly to you
- Train your caregivers how to make you more comfortable
- Show you how to live more independently
We offer Skilled Home Health Care in the counties of Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, and Sonoma.
Call our toll free number: (888) 431.0858
Skilled home health care
Eligibility and Referral
To access Skilled Home Health Care, you must:
- Require nursing or rehabilitation services
- Be homebound, meaning it is difficult and taxing for you to leave your home and that you need assistance to do so
- Have the service ordered by your physician
Unlike private caregivers, members of our care team do not come daily nor stay for long periods. Our visits are typically 30–45 minutes and focus on treatments and training. Our goal is to help you and your family throughout your illness and recovery.
This may include:
- Nursing to assist you with medication management, wound care, or disease management
- Physical or occupational therapy to improve your safety and strength
- Speech therapy for swallowing and speech difficulties
- Medical social work for assessment and referrals
- Certified Home Health Aides for personal care
Our professional staff provides care to the patient and works with the patient’s family or caregivers to train them in the skills they need to follow a care plan. Our home health care team emphasizes patient satisfaction in all they do.
comfort and support
SKIlled home health Care Team
Physician/ Nurse Practitioner
Participates in ongoing discussions with your nurse and care team about the best medical care to meet your individual needs.
Visits regularly to assess your general condition and provide pain and symptom management, including the use of medicines.
Provides practical and emotional support, including access to agency, community, legal, and home care resources.
Home Health aide
Addresses personal care needs, including bathing, skin and oral care, toileting, moving and walking, and changing linens.
While nursing services form the backbone of Skilled Home Health Care, many other services are coordinated so that patients not requiring acute hospital care can be effectively treated and monitored.
- Skilled assessment and training
- Home IV therapy
- Medicine management
- Enterostomal therapy
- Wound care
- Pain management
- Nutrition counseling
- Disease management
- Needs assessment
- Resources assistance
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Personal care assistance from home health aides
Skilled home health care services are covered by most insurance, including Medicare, if you meet eligibility requirements.
- Workers’ Compensation
- Veteran’s Administration
- Private insurance
Our agency will bill the patient’s insurance source directly. The patient or responsible party will receive a bill only when a portion of a bill is not paid by insurance (such as for deductibles and co-insurance payments).
NOTE: Home health care costs qualify as medical expenses and are tax-deductible, within certain limits, from federal income tax.