Benefits of Home-based Care
- Familiar surroundings can provide peace-of-mind for patients and convenience for caregivers
- Family caregiver training reduces need for outside care workers in the home
- Home-based care allows visits from loved ones, if desired
- Skilled hospital-to-home transitions, including ordering durable medical equipment (DME), minimize confusion during start of home-based care
- Telemedicine capability means fewer in-person care team visits and remote access to physician/nursing advice
- Precise management of pain and symptoms reduces instances of re-hospitalization
- Established and practiced Covid-19 protocols minimize risk during care team visits
Skilled Home Health Care is ideal for otherwise healthy individuals recovering from surgery, or managing chronic conditions such as heart disease, COPD, or diabetes.
We work with your primary physician to develop a plan of care, bring skilled specialists directly to you, train your caregivers how to make you more comfortable, and show you how to live more independently.
Palliative (Comfort) Care is for people coping with life-limiting conditions, such as COPD, cancer, end-stage liver disease, and congestive heart failure.
With palliative care, patients may continue to pursue curative treatments for chronic illness while we help manage pain and symptoms to maximize quality of life.
Hospice Care addresses the desire of patients who say they would prefer to spend their final days and months at home, in familiar surroundings, and in the company of loved ones.
Take advantage of your Medicare Hospice Benefit, as soon as you receive a terminal diagnosis, to maximize your access to expert medical, practical, emotional, and spiritual support at end of life.
Pediatric Palliative (Comfort) Care and Hospice Care are for infants, children and teens coping with chronic, serious or life-limiting health conditions. Our in-home services are designed to make these young patients as comfortable as possible — and to provide practical and emotional support to their families and caregivers.
By the Bay Health works closely with community health professionals to ensure the highest quality end-of-life care for their patients. We collaborate with physicians and facility staff to provide a constant line of communication and support.