We offer palliative and hospice care to children of all ages:
- Teens to 21 years
Because young patients may have the advantage of concurrent hospice care with ongoing disease-directed care, they may be able to initiate or continue curative treatments with their specialty providers such as radiation, blood transfusions or chemotherapy, while at the same time receiving end of life care from their By the Bay Kids team.
Anyone may refer a pediatric patient, a parent or guardian, physician, or discharge planner.
Call (415) 444.9210.
- Alameda County (palliative care only)
- Marin County
- San Francisco County
- San Mateo County
- Sonoma County
- Cities of Napa & Vallejo
WHAT TO EXPECT
Upon admission, each child is assigned a dedicated care team who will surround them with pediatric expertise, using a supportive, patient and family-centered approach. Your Care Team may include:
- Physician or Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Home Health Aide
- Social Worker
- Registered Dietician
- Spiritual Support Counselor
- Scheduled care team visits
- On-call staff, 24/7
- Pain control, and symptom management
- Help with the practical needs such as feeding and bathing
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Expressive therapies
- Individual and family counseling
- Supportive services for siblings
- Advance care planning and education
Hospice patients also receive
- Medical supplies and equipment
- End-of-life comfort medicines and care
- Grief and loss support provided by professional counselors
PAYING FOR CARE
Reimbursements may be sought from Medi-Cal , Managed Care, or private health insurance. We do our best to ensure that no one is turned away from our By the Bay Health programs due to lack of insurance or inability to pay.
Call our Finance Department, (415) 927.2273, for direction and support for physician billing for By the Bay Health patients.