You are a reliable, well-organized team player. That makes you the perfect candidate for Administrative Assistant in the Intake/Information Department of our Larkspur office. In this position, you will provide administrative support to the Intake and Admission team while assisting in the process of referral, inquiry and planning initial visits for admission to By the Bay Health programs of service in compliance with organization policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations. This position is full time and may require occasional weekend work.
By the Bay Health set the standard for hospice in the U.S. by emphasizing the role of the patient in making important medical decisions. Our spectrum of home-based services now includes Skilled Home Health Care, Palliative Care, Adult Hospice Care and Pediatric Care. Our team approach strives to address practical, social, emotional and spiritual aspects of care, with the goal to maximize quality of life for our patients, caregivers and families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Follow up on information required for referral and admission to By the Bay Health.
- Collect data from referral sources, family and facilities as needed to complete pre-admission information.
- Enter and maintain referral and intake information in computerized clinical documentation system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all By the Bay Health services, informed consent, payer sources, Medicare/Medi-Cal, and admission criteria in all settings and communities served.
- Assist with preparing materials needed to complete an admission visit.
- Initiate and complete insurance authorization for Hospice services as needed.
- Demonstrate awareness of and sensitivity to hospice programs and services.
- Maintain confidentiality according to agency policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years experience providing administrative support preferably in a healthcare setting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current California Driver’s License and automobile insurance that meets State of California requirements, if driving a car.
|Job Category||Administrative Jobs|