You’re an expert and dotting i’s and crossing t’s. Make the most of your detail-oriented skills as an Intake/Information Coordinator for our new hospice patients. Gather information and prepare all documentation for referrals, schedule admission visits and coordinate transition from hospital to home, compliance with By the Bay Health policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
By the Bay Health set the standard for hospice in the U.S. by emphasizing the role of the patient in making important medical decisions. Our spectrum of home-based services now includes Skilled Home Health Care, Palliative Care, Adult Hospice Care and Pediatric Care. Our team approach strives to address practical, social, emotional and spiritual aspects of care, with the goal to maximize quality of life for our patients, caregivers and families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating new intake referrals, gathering medical records, hospice order, and patient insurance information.
- Perform data entry, intake into EMR for all referrals received.
- Collect data from referral sources, family and facilities as needed to complete pre-admission information.
- Follow up on information required for referral and admission to By the Bay Health.
- Schedule hospice evaluation/informational and admissions visits efficiently.
- Communicate with DME and pharmacy vendors for new admissions.
- Communicate and collaborate with Provider Relations Team on all hospital admissions.
- Enter and maintain referral and intake information in computerized clinical documentation system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all By the Bay Health services, informed consent, payer sources, Medicare/Medi-Cal, and admission criteria in all settings and communities served.
- Assist with preparing materials needed to complete an admission visit.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience performing clerical duties preferably in a healthcare setting.
|Job Category||Administrative Jobs|