By the Bay Health is improving overall patient experience with brand new adventures and travel to dream destinations through virtual reality goggles.
Virtual Reality (VR) is the use of computer technology to create a simulated experience. With the use of VR, individuals can interact with stimulated environments and experiences just as they would in the real world.
Types of Virtual Reality Experiences Offered at By the Bay Health:
- Activity Guides — guided tours throughout different themes
- Videos — immerse yourself in experiences with sound/movement
- Explore — spin the globe and pick a destination to visit
- Applications — play interactive games that enhance fine motor skills
- Custom Platforms — incorporates residents’ personal lives and memories with personal videos, photos, and experiences
Virtual Reality Experience Themes:
- Arts & crafts
- Animal therapy
- Pop culture
- Faith & religion
- Seasonal activities
- Much more!
Goals of Our Virtual Reality Experience Program:
- Improve quality of life
- Help patients feel more connected
- Reduce feelings of isolation, depression, anxiety, and stress
- Provide 1:1 or small group activities for residents
- Bring SMILES to faces!
For more information, please call us directly at: (415) 927.2273