Be at the front line of patient referral and admission! By the Bay Health is currently seeking an RN to serve as Provider Relations Nurse Liaison in San Francisco to provide education about services to medical providers within assigned territory and meet immediate admission needs of patients in compliance with organization policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
By the Bay Health set the standard for hospice in the U.S. by emphasizing the role of the patient in making important medical decisions. Our spectrum of home-based services now includes Skilled Home Health Care, Palliative Care, Adult Hospice Care and Pediatric Care. Our team approach strives to address practical, social, emotional and spiritual aspects of care, with the goal to maximize quality of life for our patients, caregivers and families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
Develop relationships, maintain regular contact, and resolve issues with referral sources including physicians, hospitals, nursing facilities, residential care facilities for the elderly, senior housing, and community service agencies to ensure ongoing quality of care and referrals.
- Determine patient’s eligibility for hospice care.
- Admit patients, obtain informed consent(s) for service, inform patients/family of rights and responsibilities.
- Assist with the implementation and coordination of services required for the discharge of patients from hospitals into the agency’s hospice program.
- Communicate with the Intake and Admissions department regarding hospice referral/admission.
- Assist Director of Provider and Community Relations in negotiating or redefining contract provisions as necessary and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
- AA or B.S. degree in Nursing from an accredited Nursing School.
- Minimum of one experience in a home health/ hospice setting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current license as a registered professional nurse in the State of California.
- Public Health Nursing certification highly desirable.
- HPNA certification preferred.
- Current California Driver’s License and automobile insurance that meets State of California requirements, if driving a car.
This full-time position offers competitive pay, generous benefits and a supportive work environment as well as a $5000 sign on bonus.
|Job Category||Hospice Care|