By the Bay Health set the standard for hospice in the U.S. by emphasizing the role of the patient in making important medical decisions. Our spectrum of home-based services now includes Skilled Home Health Care, Palliative Care, Adult Hospice Care and Pediatric Care. Our team approach strives to address practical, social, emotional and spiritual aspects of care, with the goal to maximize quality of life for our patients, caregivers and families.
We are currently hiring an Admissions Nurse for our Hospice line of service to work in the San Mateo County area. This RN will provide information about services to potential agency patients and admits patients to agency’s total care category of service in coordination with Team Leader(s). This position is a full-time, swing shift from 12 pm to 8 pm.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Screen and process inquiries for admission to By the Bay Health’s total care category.
- Determine patient’s eligibility for hospice care.
- Make telephone contact and/or assessment visits with potential hospice patients to provide information on agency services and/or assess patient’s status.
- Assist with implementation and coordination of services required for discharge of patients from hospitals into agency’s program of care.
- Maintain current documentation in computerized clinical documentation system according to agency policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Assume initial responsibility for assessing patient/family needs and consulting with attending physician and other hospice staff members.
- Admit patients, obtain informed consent(s) for service, inform patient/family of rights and responsibilities, develop plan of care and complete related documentation in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Provide initial instructions to primary caregivers, volunteers and employed caregivers regarding the plan of care.
- Inform the Team Leader and TDT of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues.
- Attend TDT conference as requested to relay information to the TDT about new patients and to ensure continuity of agency’s patient care service as indicated.
- Facilitate transition of patient/family to Patient Care Team in a timely manner.
- Manage patient/family care plan and accompanying services between time of admission and transition to Nurse Case Manager as necessary.
- One year experience as a professional nurse in the past three years or; Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Experience in acute care/ home health and/or hospice setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current license as a registered professional nurse in the State of California.
- Public Health Nursing certification highly desirable.
- HPNA certification preferred.
This full-time position offers competitive pay, generous benefits and a supportive work environment as well as a $5000 sign on bonus.
|Job Category||Hospice Care|