Become part of an innovative trans-disciplinary care team! As a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in Marin County, you will work with our Home Health patients, under the supervision of a Case Manager. The ideal candidate will provide skilled patient care and home health aide services as outlined in the written plan of care and in compliance with organization policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
By the Bay Health set the standard for hospice in the U.S. by emphasizing the role of the patient in making important medical decisions. Our spectrum of home-based services now includes Skilled Home Health Care, Palliative Care, Adult Hospice Care and Pediatric Care. Our team approach strives to address practical, social, emotional and spiritual aspects of care, with the goal to maximize quality of life for our patients, caregivers and families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assist a Nurse Case Manager in providing direct patient care.
- Initiate communication Team Leaders, HHA’s and other health care providers as needed to facilitate optimal care.
- Instruct primary caregivers, patients, volunteers and employed caregivers in care provision, based on the Plan of Care and as requested by the Nurse Case Manager or Team Leader.
- Perform nursing procedures as requested and within the scope of a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Maintain current documentation in computerized clinical documentation system according to organization policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Completion of a Licensed Vocational Nursing Education Program from an accredited school.
- Minimum of one year of LVN experience preferably with one year experience in an acute care setting.
- Experience in a home health setting required.
- Current California Driver’s License and automobile insurance that meets State of California requirements, if driving a car.
This full-time position offers competitive pay, generous benefits and a supportive work environment as well as a $3000 sign on bonus
|Job Category||Skilled Home Health Care|