We are currently seeking an RN to work as a part-time Weekend Nurse for our hospice patients in the San Francisco area. The ideal candidate will have finely tuned assessment skills and be knowledgeable about Hospice care best practices. This nurse will cover day shifts (flexible morning start time and days) with at least a weekend day and will triage patient calls via the phone and do patient field visits as needed.
By the Bay Health set the standard for hospice in the U.S. by emphasizing the role of the patient in making important medical decisions. Our spectrum of home-based services now includes Skilled Home Health Care, Palliative Care, Adult Hospice Care and Pediatric Care. Our team approach strives to address practical, social, emotional and spiritual aspects of care, with the goal to maximize quality of life for our patients, caregivers and families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide continuing care to patients/families as requested and in compliance with agency policies and procedures and applicable federal and state regulations.
- Under the guidance of the Resource Manager, responsible for patients/families including assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing services consistent with the plan of care.
- Communicate with attending physicians and other community resources to report changes and coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
- Maintain regular communication with Team Leaders regarding patient/family status and unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues.
- One year experience as a professional nurse in the past three years or; Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Experience in acute care/ home health and/or hospice setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current license as a registered professional nurse in the State of California.
- Public Health Nursing certification highly desirable.
- HPNA certification preferred.
- Current California Driver’s License and automobile insurance that meets State of California requirements, if driving a car.
This position offers competitive pay, generous benefits and a supportive work environment as well as a sign on bonus.
|Job Category||Hospice Care|