By the Bay Health set the standard for hospice in the U.S. by emphasizing the role of the patient in making important medical decisions. Our spectrum of home-based services now includes Skilled Home Health Care, Palliative Care, Adult Hospice Care and Pediatric Care. Our team approach strives to address practical, social, emotional and spiritual aspects of care, with the goal to maximize quality of life for our patients, caregivers and families.
We are currently looking to hire an Intake Information Nurse who will provide information to potential agency patients and referral sources regarding the agency’s total care category of service in compliance with organization policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Screen and process inquiries for admission to By the Bay Health’s programs of service.
- Determine eligibility in consultation with Hospice Medical Director.
- Assume responsibility for assessing initial patient/family needs.
- Make telephone contact with potential hospice patients to provide information on agency services.
- Assist with implementation and coordination of all services required to initiate start of care for patient admission into agency’s programs of care.
- Maintain current documentation in computerized clinical record according to agency policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Participate in agency and community programs as requested to promote professional growth and understanding of hospice care.
- One year experience as a professional nurse in the past three years or; Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Experience in acute care/ home health and/or hospice setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current license as a registered professional nurse in the State of California.
- Public Health Nursing certification highly desirable.
- HPNA certification preferred.
- Current California Driver’s License and automobile insurance that meets State of California requirements, if driving a car.
This full-time position offers competitive pay, generous benefits and a supportive work environment as well as a $5000 sign on bonus.
|Job Category||Hospice Care|