We get a lot of requests for tips on how to stay hydrated. This is such an important question since good health depends on getting enough water every day. Here are some easy tips that everyone can use to help keep their fluids up and stay hydrated.
Good health depends on getting enough water every day.
• Water helps your body manage its temperature in both summer heat and winter cold.
• Water keeps your skin smooth.
• Water regulates your bowels and helps your kidneys.
• You need extra water when you have diarrhea or vomiting.
Try to drink six to eight glasses of water each day even if you don’t feel thirsty.
Your body needs it! You can get water from other drinks and food too:*
- Fruit such as watermelon, grapes, peaches, oranges
Juice without added sugar
Soup – try hot or cold!
Milk and yogurt
Frozen yogurt and ice cream; popsicles
Pudding and Jell-O dessert
Tea, coffee, soft drinks, plain coconut water, flavored waters, electrolyte drinks such as Gatorade or Pedialyte
- Mix fruit juice with sparkling water
Mix fruit and ice in the blender for a slush
Squeeze a little fresh lemon, lime or orange juice in your water
*If you are on a special diet, consult your healthcare team